Top 10 of The Third Trimester

I have seen that Top 10s are a big deal so here are my Top Ten favourite things about the third trimester of pregnancy... I just love it so much I had to write a post about it. Really, its actually my most favourite thing I have ever done.

Get ready for the most sarcasm you might ever see in one blog post.

NB This is a rant. 




1. Not Sleeping Properly

I love it. I love tossing and turning for a good hour before anything feels comfortable. You know what I love even more? Waking up in the night and needing to piss. I love that one so much because then the goodnight parade begins again when I get back into bed and the tossing and the turning starts all over again. It's even better when I wake up for no reason at all and just lay there staring into the air hating everyone else in the entire world that is asleep. Its not even like anything is happening, I'm just laying there thinking about how tired and livid I feel. It's great, so so great. A real mood booster!

2. No Gin. No Rum. No Prosecco. No Pimms

I never liked it anyway. I hated going to the Gin Palace in Falmouth and trying out all the exciting Gin in little teapots. I particularly hated the lemon Gin cocktails and oh god don't even get me started on how much I hate Gin and Lemonade. Yuck, hate that. Rum? Oh no I definitely don't miss that. I don't love Dark and Stormy cocktails and I certainly hate spiced Rum, that's the worst. You know what I hate even more, Prosecco and/or Pimms in the Summer. Who wants to enjoy a lovely glass of bubbles in the sunshine or a fruity treat when watching Wimbledon. Not me that's for sure...

3. Every Muscle Aching

I love that now in the third trimester my muscles are really giving it some in the final stretch. That burn across my pubic bone I've been experiencing this week is such a delight. It particularly helps with point 1 of this list. I'm so glad that there's a full 3 week wait until my physio appointment and I would hate to think that the gentle swimming I have been doing might be helping it as well, maybe I should stop that.

4. Maternity Clothes

Oh God Yeah, pregnancy fashion is so now. I cant believe people don't purposely get pregnant just to wear the frumpy delights shops seem to have on offer. I really like that I can totally keep my usual style and access pretty much the same outfits as I would normally. That's so rad. I mean, I have barely had to squeeze uncomfortably into any weird ugly bras or anything.

5. My job completely changing (this one cant really be helped, it is to keep me safe following an incident, but it's still a thing)

I'm really enjoying the heavy risk assessment I am under that means I  have been completely relocated out of my SEN workplace into a lonely office on my own the other side of town. It's been really morale boosting to be working alone during my last few weeks of work. I also particularly love the impending redundancy hanging over my head.

6. Hundreds of Appointments, Injections and Blood Tests (I am actually so grateful for the NHS and the amazing care I have received, please remember this post is in jest)

I love being a pin cushion. I love the dead arm you get after each vaccination and I particularly like the bruising that tracks its way up my arm after each blood test.

7. Feeling of being Judged

It's really nice to be able to voice and opinion or thought or worry and people pass no judgement at all. Its so cool that I can feel something like dislike for pregnancy and no one judges me and thinks I'm a bad person. Even if maybe these thoughts about being judged are all in my mind, that constant anxiety in itself is really great.

8. Constant Anxiety

I'm so glad I never worry or panic about being a bad parent. I'm really glad I never worry about what if I don't love my baby, what if it doesn't love me, what if I drop it. The general anxiety about being pregnant as well is really cool. I hope no one ever misses out on this gem!

9. Did I mention how tired I am? You remember SuperCrank right?

I just cannot even express to you how rad it is to be this tired all the time. Its so awesome that my body has gained all this extra weight and my joints are tired and my brain is tired and overall all I can mostly ever think about is how tired and grumpy I am. Don't even worry, I don't have other things I want my brain to be focusing on, I don't have a job, a life, no no no none of that, I just live to be tired!

10. Heartburn

It was a really great experience to have this for the first time. I quite liked feeling that I might be having some kind of heart attack and the indigestion is such a treat! I wasn't enjoying my 27 years of never having heartburn, I was actually starting to feel like I was missing out so I'm really glad I get to experience that burn that radiates out through my whole body. Imagine if I'd missed out on that... well, doesn't bear thinking about does it....


So there you have it. All my favourite parts.


All joking aside, I am grumpy and I'm sorry to rant, I really am, but it has to come out somewhere, this blog has become my therapy. I know that I don't have long left now (7 and a half weeks- eek!) and I just have to be brave. I have this banner on my bedroom wall to remind me everyday.

Sass and Belle I got mine from here 


I just have to remind myself that it's okay to feel mixed up and it's okay to feel tired, my body is working hard and doing this intense thing. It's so full on!!


You want to know my actual favourite part of being pregnant?

This little mate:

Picture from my 20 week scan.
Plum is now much much bigger than this and I honestly cannot wait to meet you little friend.
I know you'll be worth it. <3 






No comments