The Honourable Bird

So I have had a few people ask about Annora's name so thought would put up a quick post about it. More after the jump :)





Annora Bird

Annora comes from the Latin word for honour. I think it is also Hebrew for grace.

Bird means... well... there's these things that fly about in the sky, make a lot of noise in the mornings... No, I'm being silly but, it literally does just mean Bird. Like, the animal.

My husband hates it when I say this- but the way I came across her name was I liked Nora, my great grandmother was called Nora, and when I googled what it meant under the 'other names you might like' was Annora and I was into it. Still am.
Bird came up because she was born like a little bird and it just felt right.

So there you go, Annora Bird. We call her mostly Annora when we are talking to her, Bird when we are talking about her and she also gets Birdie and AB. (along with a whole host of other funny little names she has picked up along the way) It's a little bit different without being too much for us and as she grows it could not suit her more. She really is an honourable little Bird to be around!

Are there any other slightly quirky names out there? I love hearing the slightly less common names people call their children!?

1 comment

  1. I love reading about how parents come up with their children's names! I also love unique names. We get asked all the time where we got our daughters name from (Lux). Annora is a beautiful name.

    Renee @ Maritime Mama

    ReplyDelete